Monday 3 November 2014



Homework Blues



       As I shuffled into the classroom, I knew that Mr. Van Camp would never believe me. I looked at my scuffed shoes and mumbled, "My homework is not done, Sir. I do have a good excuse though."
       " This is not the first time your homework has not been completed. Perhaps," Mr. Van Camp suggested, "it's time to speak with your parents."
       "Please, you have no idea what will happen to me if you phone my home," I moaned. It looked as if he was going to fall for my story.
      "Well, let's hear your excuse. It better be good."


      “So you see Mr. Van Camp,” I began. “I had a very interesting weekend.”


     He stared at me, very unimpressed. “Yes Sam, I understand that, but that is not an excuse.”


 We both stood there for moment, in awkward silence. I was embarrassed and he was unhappy. I was conflicted on whether or not to spill the information I was planning to keep to myself; whether or not to share my secret.


    “What exactly happened, during this interesting weekend?” he asked, waiting intensively for my response.


     “Um…well...uh...” I stuttered, getting more and more nervous. “I can’t tell you because…of some very important reason.” At this point I didn’t even believe myself.


     “Sam, you are aware that I am not convinced correct?”


I stood there panicking as my heart started racing faster and faster. I began to sweat. It felt as though the walls were closing in on me.  I finally decided to tell the truth; it seemed like the only logical answer.

     “Okay, I have to be honest with you, Mr. VC,” I spoke under my breath. “This is very difficult for me to tell you, and besides you probably won’t believe me anyhow, so just call my parents and they will explain everything exactly the way it all happened.”
       


No comments:

Post a Comment